Patent Prosecution Attorney with 7+ years experience in patent preparation, prosecution, and opinion drafting
• Extensive patent drafting experience in complex technologies including chemical, toner inks, cosmetic formulations, mechanical, aerospace, electronic device, electro-optic, and laser systems.
• High prosecution success rate.
• Extensive experience in opinion drafting and counseling on patentability, infringement, product clearance, and patent validity.
• Extensive experience working remotely with both foreign and domestic inventors and outside counsel.
• Worked with, among others, Xerox, Honeywell, Lenovo Group, United Technology Corporation, Guthy-Renker, Rockwell Science Center, and Regents of the University of California. Education & Licensure
• State Bar of California, 1998.
• Registered Patent Attorney, USPTO, 2001. • Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering, UCLA, 1995.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Mann Patents Phoenix, AZ Sole Practitioner 1/2014-present • Manage solo practice servicing small business clients and individual inventors, and handling contractual work from outside firm.
• Prepare and prosecute patent applications in various technologies including mechanical, toner ink systems, and electronic devices.
• Prepare opinion letters and counsel clients on patentability, infringement, product clearance, patent validity, and trademark issues.
• Work with foreign inventors and counsel in preparation and prosecution of applications. Snell & Wilmer Phoenix, AZ Associate 5/2015-11/2015
• Assisted national law firm with experimental division aimed at handling high volume/low budget patent drafting and prosecution.
• Prepared and prosecuted patent applications in mechanical/aerospace systems.
Cislo & Thomas, LLP Santa Monica, CA Associate/Of Counsel 5/2001-11/2013
• Prepared opinion letters on patentability, infringement, product clearance, patent validity, and trademark issues for clients ranging from small businesses to large international corporations.
• Prepared and prosecuted patent applications in various technologies including mechanical, chemical, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, fiber optics, and laser systems.
• Reviewed and advised clients regarding use of promotional material for television infomercials.
Koppel, Patrick, Heybl & Philpott Thousand Oaks, CA Associate 5/2000–5/2001
• Prepared applications in various technologies including electrical, electro-optic, chemical, pharmaceutical, and material systems.
• Clients included Rockwell Science Center, and the Regents of the University of California.
EDUCATION MCGEORGE SCHOOL OF LAW Sacramento, CA Doctor of Jurisprudence 1998 • Dean’s Honor Roll, 1996-1997
• Clerked for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office, Environmental Crimes UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT LOS ANGELES Los Angeles, CA Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering 1995
• Worked in research groups in the departments of Chemical/Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Chemistry.
• Research in combustion science, plasma physics, and solid-state chemistry.
• Physics tutor for the UCLA Academic Advancement Program.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.