Patent Prosecution Attorney with 7+ years experience in patent preparation, prosecution, and opinion drafting
• Extensive patent drafting experience in complex technologies including chemical, toner inks, cosmetic formulations, mechanical, aerospace, electronic device, electro-optic, and laser systems.
• High prosecution success rate.
• Extensive experience in opinion drafting and counseling on patentability, infringement, product clearance, and patent validity.
• Extensive experience working remotely with both foreign and domestic inventors and outside counsel.
• Worked with, among others, Xerox, Honeywell, Lenovo Group, United Technology Corporation, Guthy-Renker, Rockwell Science Center, and Regents of the University of California. Education & Licensure
• State Bar of California, 1998.
• Registered Patent Attorney, USPTO, 2001. • Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering, UCLA, 1995.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Mann Patents Phoenix, AZ Sole Practitioner 1/2014-present • Manage solo practice servicing small business clients and individual inventors, and handling contractual work from outside firm.
• Prepare and prosecute patent applications in various technologies including mechanical, toner ink systems, and electronic devices.
• Prepare opinion letters and counsel clients on patentability, infringement, product clearance, patent validity, and trademark issues.
• Work with foreign inventors and counsel in preparation and prosecution of applications. Snell & Wilmer Phoenix, AZ Associate 5/2015-11/2015
• Assisted national law firm with experimental division aimed at handling high volume/low budget patent drafting and prosecution.
• Prepared and prosecuted patent applications in mechanical/aerospace systems.
Cislo & Thomas, LLP Santa Monica, CA Associate/Of Counsel 5/2001-11/2013
• Prepared opinion letters on patentability, infringement, product clearance, patent validity, and trademark issues for clients ranging from small businesses to large international corporations.
• Prepared and prosecuted patent applications in various technologies including mechanical, chemical, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, fiber optics, and laser systems.
• Reviewed and advised clients regarding use of promotional material for television infomercials.
Koppel, Patrick, Heybl & Philpott Thousand Oaks, CA Associate 5/2000–5/2001
• Prepared applications in various technologies including electrical, electro-optic, chemical, pharmaceutical, and material systems.
• Clients included Rockwell Science Center, and the Regents of the University of California.
EDUCATION MCGEORGE SCHOOL OF LAW Sacramento, CA Doctor of Jurisprudence 1998 • Dean’s Honor Roll, 1996-1997
• Clerked for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office, Environmental Crimes UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT LOS ANGELES Los Angeles, CA Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering 1995
• Worked in research groups in the departments of Chemical/Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Chemistry.
• Research in combustion science, plasma physics, and solid-state chemistry.
• Physics tutor for the UCLA Academic Advancement Program.
professional affiliations & honors
- Green Technologies
- Electronics and Computer Hardware & Software
- Energy & Power Distribution Technologies
- Internet & e-Commerce
- Financial Services
- Chemical Processes
- Consumer Products & Services
- Telecommunications & Wireless devices
- Medical Devices
- Materials Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace & Transportation Technology